If you are missing one or more teeth, then you may develop several complications if you don’t replace it. For instance, you won’t be able to speak or chew properly, your bite functions will be affected, you will be at a higher risk for tooth decay and gum disease, you may start to lose bones, and so on. Hence, you must get your missing tooth replaced.
A dental implant is the best alternative to a natural tooth
Natural teeth are irreplaceable, but a tooth implant comes the closest to it. A tooth implant looks and acts like a natural tooth root. A dental implant dentist
surgically places it in the upper or lower jaw to replace the missing tooth root to which a replacement tooth is attached.
Most dental implants involve 3 essential steps
1. The dental implant dentist surgically places the tooth implant into your jawbone.
2. Osseointegration begins which involves the bone growing around the implant and holding it in place. This process takes time.
3. A custom-made dental crown is then attached to the implant post or abutment.
Dental implants are not for everyone
Not everyone is a good candidate for a tooth implant. You are a good candidate if:
The success of a tooth implant depends on your oral hygiene
- your overall health is good enough.
- your jawbone is capable of supporting an implant.
- you do not smoke or chew tobacco.
You must keep the area around the implant clean by using the toothbrush suggested by your dentist
or a mouth rinse to prevent gum diseases.
Beautiful Smiles for Life
Are you looking for a dental implant dentist? Then you must reach out to us at Nj Smiles
where our expert dentists
have a hugely successful track record in replacing hundreds of patients’ lost teeth.