If you are missing one or more teeth, then you may develop several complications if you don’t replace it. For instance, you won’t be able to speak or chew properly, your bite functions will be affected, you will be at a higher risk for tooth decay and gum disease, you may start to lose bones, and so on. Hence, you must get your missing tooth replaced.
A dental implant is the best alternative to a natural tooth
Natural teeth are irreplaceable, but a tooth implant comes the closest to it. A tooth implant looks and acts like a natural tooth root. A dental implant dentist surgically places it in the upper or lower jaw to replace the missing tooth root to which a replacement tooth is attached.
Most dental implants involve 3 essential steps
1. The dental implant dentist surgically places the tooth implant into your jawbone.
2. Osseointegration begins which involves the bone growing around the implant and holding it in place. This process takes time.
3. A custom-made dental crown is then attached to the implant post or abutment.
Dental implants are not for everyone
Not everyone is a good candidate for a tooth implant. You are a good candidate if:
- your overall health is good enough.
- your jawbone is capable of supporting an implant.
- you do not smoke or chew tobacco.
The success of a tooth implant depends on your oral hygiene
You must keep the area around the implant clean by using the toothbrush suggested by your dentist or a mouth rinse to prevent gum diseases.
Beautiful Smiles for Life