AM I A CANDIDATE OF DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Have you lost one or more teeth? Then you can consider Dental Implants. This resolves the issue and fills the gap of your missing teeth.
Missing teeth can affect many aspects of an individual’s oral health. Untreated loss of one or multiple teeth disrupts the chewing ability. It also affects the structure in a major way. In addition, it changes the look of someone’s smile.
However, Implants are not for everyone. Your trusted dentist can recommend the best option to restore your smile.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are actually artificial tooth roots made up of titanium. When your dentist places it inside the jaw, they provide a sturdy foundation to support fixed/removable replacement teeth. This includes dental crowns, bridges, or dentures.
5 signs that you are a candidate for Dental Implants
- Gums and teeth should be in proper health.
- A dental implant needs good bone density to provide good support.
- Follow proper oral habits.
- No smoking until your mouth heals completely.
- Having patience with the procedure that can take up to twelve months.
A few common factors that your prosthodontist will look for include:
- Ample bone support—Dental implants actually fuse with your jawbone. Adequate bone density and quality is one of the most important requirements to anchor the tooth.
Kids don’t often qualify for implant dentistry as their bones are not sufficiently developed.
- Good overall health— since implant dentistry is a surgical process, it is important that you are in good health. Patients who smoke, drink alcohol, or have diabetes generally have less success rates.
Especially, these conditions can disturb oral health, which affects the healing process of the implant. But if your diabetes is under control, then you can still avail dental implants.
- Healthy Gums— healthy gums are essential to support the new dental implant as it fuses with the jawbone. Patients with a high risk of periodontal (gum) disease often undergo dental implant failure.
It is necessary to get a cleaning before installing the Implants.
- Commitment to Oral Health—dental implant requires excellent oral hygiene. A commitment to daily brushing and flossing, together with timely visits to the dentist is crucial.
Keep in mind that these hygiene habits are essential to preserve health as well as your natural teeth.
However, the apt way to decide whether you are a candidate for implants is to visit a skilled Prosthodontist. A qualified Prosthodontist is an expert who can position your Implants and restore your smile.
Get the Care you need!
Now, if you are searching for a ‘Dentist near me’ in Avenel, NJ, to get the Implants then do call us at NJ Smiles Dental. Your Dentist in Avenel will provide you the best treatment you deserve.