If you have recently undergone Invisalign treatment and are done with it, then you might be excited about your brand new beautiful smile. However, you are not there yet. In order to maintain the results, you must continue with Invisalign dental care.
What happens when you’re done with Invisalign treatment?
After Invisalign dentistry, you will be required to use retainers. Retainers hold the teeth in their new position and prevent them from shifting back to their initial places.
There are two types of retainers:
- Traditional wire retainers – These are the most common types of retainers which are easy to clean and extremely durable. These retainers will allow your teeth to come together naturally.
How to take care of your retainers
- Clear plastic retainers – These retainers slip over your teeth in the same way as Invisalign trays. They are also clear which makes them less noticeable when you wear them.
Invisalign dental care involves taking great care of your retainers to get the best results. Our Invisalign dentist in New Jersey at NJ Smiles Dental offers the following tips to take care of your retainers:
- It is extremely important for you to keep your retainers clean.
- It is advisable to remove your retainers before eating.
- Avoid eating gums or other sticky items that can get stuck to your retainers.
- Quit smoking immediately.
If you are in need of undergoing Invisalign dentistry and want the brightest smile at the end, then you must contact our expert team at NJ Smiles Dental. Our highly experienced dentist is the leading Invisalign dentist in New Jersey. Book an appointment with us today and our professional and caring team will make sure that you walk out of our dental clinic happy, satisfied and confident with your shining smile after Invisalign treatment.