5 Reasons Why You Should Consider Teeth Whitening
What Is Professional Teeth Whitening?
It is a dental procedure that includes bleaching the enamel of teeth in order to brighten and whiten them. Professional teeth whitening involves the bleaching procedure, but it is carried out by a dental specialist, often at a dental clinic.
Many individuals nowadays are seeking new ways to whiten their teeth in the comfort of their own homes. While such approaches may be helpful, there is something special about the efficacy of teeth whitening done properly by a dental specialist.
What Does Professional Teeth Whitening Treatment Entail?
Teeth whitening can be achieved in a variety of methods. When done by a dentist, however, the following procedures are taken:
- Dental cleaning: Brushing and flossing your teeth to eliminate plaque and lose food particles is what dental cleaning entails. In this manner, any discoloration in your teeth caused by poor dental care will be addressed before the whitening procedure begins. You should already see an improvement in the color of your teeth at this point.
- Bleaching: Zoom teeth whitening uses hydrogen peroxide-based dental bleaches. The whitening ingredients have a greater concentration of hydrogen peroxide than regular toothpaste and other over-the-counter whitening products. The whitening ingredients are applied to your teeth in the form of a paste or gel. The dentist will then leave the bleachers on your teeth for a set amount of time. Your dentist will use lasers or ultraviolet light to activate the whitening chemicals. This increases the pace at which hydrogen peroxide penetrates the layers of your teeth and breaks out stains.
- Rinsing: The dentist may repeat the bleaching procedure many times. This is seen in people with really resistant stains. After bleaching, you must thoroughly rinse your teeth to remove all of the bleaching ingredients.
What Are the Benefits of Professional Whitening?
You may brighten your smile by purchasing over-the-counter self-prescribed whitening treatments. The effects of such procedures may be seen after some time, but professionally whitened teeth are superior in a variety of ways, including the following:
- Safety: the concentration of hydrogen peroxide that you expose your teeth to is a significant aspect. If you use too much of it, it might harm the structure of your teeth, producing unjustified hypersensitivity. Furthermore, without the assistance of a dental professional, you might easily harm your gum tissue in your efforts to whiten your teeth.
- Fast process: Your whitening procedure should be completed within a few minutes on the dentist’s chair. Because lasers and ultraviolet radiation are used to activate and speed up the bleaching process, the procedure of whitening your teeth is quick.
- Effectiveness: teeth whitening at a dental facility is really effective. In fact, patients experience an instant improvement in the brightness and whiteness of their teeth when treatment is completed. Other procedures may need you to repeat the operation several times over a few days to observe any difference in the color of your teeth.
- More lasting results: While the effects are not permanent, the brightness of your teeth can last up to a year or longer with professional whitening. When you brighten your teeth at home without the help of a dental professional, you may need to repeat the operation after a few weeks, generally up to three months.
- Enhancing oral hygiene: If you whiten your teeth on your own, you will never grasp the importance of a deep cleaning session with a dentist. The brightness of your teeth is already evident after expert cleaning. Deep cleaning also improves your dental hygiene, which benefits the general health of your oral cavity.
Get professional teeth whitening treatment with dental experts in Avenel, NJ at NJ Smiles Dental today.